JTL DL-170 Octagon Soft Box Kit II Fluorescent Lighting Kit - ContinuousModel: 92175
The JTL DL-170 Octagon Soft Box Fluorescent Lighting Kit provides the necessary supplemental light source to help ensure the most accurate results. Using JTL compact fluorescent lights make studio photography and video simple, and easy. JTL compact fluorescent lamps (CFL) are ideal for indoor studios such as, digital portrait, commercial photography/ video, or TV interviews. CFLs are not designed for outdoor use.
The color-rendering index (CRI) is a quantitative measure of the ability of a light source to reproduce the colors of various objects faithfully in comparison with natural light source. Light sources with a high CRI are desirable in color-critical applications such as photography and cinematography. The CRI measurement of JTL CFLs is no less than 90 that, which is the required measurement for photography and cinematography usage.
The leading trend in continuous studio lighting, JTL CFL kits feature perfectly balanced color temperature (5600 K) for both film and digital photography.
No warm-up time with soft, even, no-flicker lighting for the entire life of the bulb (approximately 10,000 hrs.)
Included 85 watt CFL bulbs are the equivalent output of 420 watt incandescent tungsten bulbs.
The DL-170 Lighting Kit contents:
- 2 - 85 watt CFL fluorescent bulbs
- 2 - 33" Octagon Softboxes with Lamp Fixtures
- 2 - 6.5 ft. Light Stands
- Light Carry Case
- Day Light balanced color temperature: 5500K
- Compact and Easy set up: Fit into existing E-27 light fixtures formerly used for incandescent lamps
- Energy efficiency: CFLs use 20 to 33 percent of the power of equivalent incandescent lamps
- Luminous efficacy: The luminous efficacy of CFL sources is typically 50 to 70 lumens per input watt of electric power, versus 8 to 17 lm/W for incandescent lamps
- Reduced Heat: As incandescent lamps are replaced by CFLs, the heat produced due to lighting will be reduced
- Long life: The average rated life is between 8 and 15 times that of incandescent
- Less cost: extended lifetime with lower energy used