The PlusX is the simplest PocketWizard radio ever and the perfect entry into the PocketWizard Wireless System.
How simple? Attach one PlusX to your camera, another PlusX to a remote flash using an included cable, set both radios to the same channel and start taking pictures.
The PlusX is compatible with all Standard Channel-capable PocketWizard transmitters and receivers, so it's the perfect companion for your existing radios and flashes.
- 10 Standard Channels, compatible with every PocketWizard ever made set to Standard Channels 1 – 10.
- Backlit Channel Dial so setting channels is as easy as turning a dial.
- Internal Antenna with a durable, side profile design with an unobtrusive, internal antenna minimizing visual obstruction between you and your subject. By utilizing an internal antenna, there’s no chance to kink or break it when on location.
- Easily Connected / Cable Port on your camera, the PlusX slides into the hot shoe with no cables required. For your remotes, it features one do-it-all miniphone (3.5mm or 1/8”) sync port.
- Auto-Sensing Transceiver; the PlusX will instantly and intelligently switch between transmitter and receiver modes keeping setup as simple as possible. The PlusX may be set to Transmit (Tx) only when needed. Auto-Relay Mode lets you trigger a remote camera in sync with remote flashes using only 3 PocketWizard radios: the one in your hands, a PlusX cabled to your remote camera, and the one connected to your remote flash.
- Status Indicator/Battery Life Indicator
- Transmit Only ModeThere are times when you only want your radio to transmit, usually when two or more photographers are sharing a set of lights. By enabling transmit only mode, you disable the receive and auto-relay functions to make sure all your radio is doing is transmitting. Sync Speed; Ultra-fast microprocessors allow for reliable sync speeds of 1/250 for focal plane shutters and 1/500 for leaf shutters. The PlusX is compatible with all PocketWizard transmitters and receivers including PocketWizard-enabled photo gear from Profoto, Dynalite, Norman, Photogenic and Sekonic light meters.
- The total height of the transceiver and antenna is less than 4.2 inches, and it weighs only 4 ounces, including batteries.