Note: This product has a ground surcharge in addition to our shipping fee. Add to cart to estimate shipping.
The Beseler 23CIII-XL series of enlargers are in many ways similar to Beseler's 45 line. The 23CIII-XL's three different lamphouses are all interchangeable on its newly-redesigned chassis, which features a new innovative stage control and rack-and-pinion elevation.
With well over half a million Beseler 23C's having been purchased since it was first introduced in 1955, the American made 23C is unquestionably the world's favorite medium format enlarger. Many have been in near continuous use by schools, government agencies and businesses. Countless others have been handed down from father to son, to granddaughter, like the well-loved family possession that it has become.
Very few products have proven to be as reliable as has the venerable Beseler 23C. It has become an indispensable tool to those who enjoy the creative aspects of photography, those in pursuit of the pleasure and the satisfaction of knowing that they truly "created" the final image and who want to be in complete control of every aspect of the process.
The Dichro 23 Colorhead supplied with this enlarger has a built-in solid-state power supply. Neither external transformer, nor external power supply is required. The Dichro 23 has permanent, fade-free filters with a continuously variable, dial-in filtration range from 0-200 Y-M-C and a filter retractor lever for easy and accurate white light focusing. The Dichro 23 Colorhead is interchangeable with the Variable Contrast Lightsource (8134-02) and with the Condenser Lightsource (8130).
The extraordinarily rigid, reinforced twin-girder construction of the 23Clll-XL helps to reduce transient vibrations, which could detract from image sharpness. The 23Clll-XL is versatile: The lens stage tilts to create special effects or for distortion correction and the projection assembly can be tilted up to 90Â° and locked into position. At the final assembly stage, skilled technicians carefully align every 23C, using the most up-to-date laser technology to assure optimum performance. If it can be done with an enlarger, the 23C can probably doit with ease.
The convection-cooled dichro lamphouse on this enlarger produces vibrant, yet diffused illumination, and its variable retractable dichroic filters have a 0-200cc range for Yellow, Cyan and Magenta. The lamphouse also includes a large mixing chamber that has standardized UV and IR filtration. The chassis' tall, twin-girder construction keeps vibrations to a minimum, while the projection head can be turned to provide wall projection (a la Ansel Adams). It also contains a tilting lens stage, which can be used for distortion correction--or even to create more distortion! The bidextrous controls allow easy operation for both right- and left-handed people, and since the enlargers accept both 35mm and 120 Negatrans negative carriers, all of the 23CIII lamphouses can take film formats up to 6x9cm!
- Enlarger chassis
- Dichro 23 Colorhead
- Format: 35mm to 6x9cm
- Baseboard size: 16" x 25.5", Extra long girder for bigger enlargements on the baseboard
- Maximum column height: 54" (Dichroic head)
- Lamp: Uses ESJ Lamp - 85 watt / 82 volt - (included)
- Interchangeable lamphouses
- Positive lens and negative stage controls for easy and precise alignment
- Rugged twin column construction for twice the support
- Extra long girder for bigger enlargements on the baseboard
- Projection Assembly tilts for wall projection
- Lamphouses contain built in power supply
- Quality die-cast construction
- Factory laser aligned for optimum sharpness
- Positive rack-and-pinion elevation control with lock
- Convenient left or right focusing controls
- Swing-out filter holder accepts special effect or variable contrast filters
- Accepts sturdy, spring-loaded, aluminum alloy negative carriers
- Negative carriers can be rotated for precise image positioning
- Snap-in, quick change metal lens boards let you change lenses quickly and easily
- Accepts Beseler 35mm and 120 Negatrans
Lens, lensboard, and negative carriers are not included and is necessary to complete this item.