CineStill Cs6 “Creative Slide” 3-Bath Process for simple creative control of your E-6 film.
Want to shoot slide film? Want it to be quick and easy to process? Want to still have creative control over how your images look? Introducing the CineStill Cs6 “Creative Slide” 3-Bath Process for simple creative control of your E-6 film. Chrome unlocked!
The reversal process is the purest of analog processes and it’s now more creative and accessible than ever! The colors of slide film are unrivaled and now you can color-time and control dynamic range* with alternative 1st developers. For the first time ever, you can change the color profile of your slides. With limited slide film options available today, CineStill is tripling the choices available for slide film, and demystifying slide processing with only 3 baths to appreciate a beautiful photograph. Your slides should be superior to color-corrected negative scans, without sacrificing creative control.
Cinestill D6 “DaylightChrome” developer renders approximately 6+ stops of usable dynamic-range* with bright whites and moderately enhanced color saturation, just like conventional E-6 processing. Daylight-balanced for conventional slides in daylight or with electronic flash. Single-use 1+1 dilution develops 8-16 rolls or 100ft of slide film.
Intended to be used with the Cr6 "Color&Reversal" 2-in-1 Slide Solution and the Bf6 "Bleaches&Fixer" 3-in-1 Slide Solution.
The Cs6 "Creative Slide" 3-Bath Process makes complicated chemistry simplified alchemy! The number of processing baths for E6 film is reduced from 6 to 3. The reversal step occurs during color development in a Color&Reversal bath, and the bleach and conditioner steps are combined with the fixing step in a Bleaches&Fixer bath. Color-timing is performed with alternative 1st Developers to achieve full creative control of your slides.
- Daylight-balanced 5500K for neutral-tone slides in daylight or with electronic flash
- 1000ml stock solution makes 2000ml of working solution (diluted 1+1 with water)
- Single-use solution has a capacity of 8-16 rolls (135/120), 32-64 sheets (4x5), or 100 feet (35mm) of film
- Approximately 6+ stops of usable dynamic-range*, just like conventional E-6 processing
- Vibrant color rendering
- Low D-min for brighter whites and clean highlights
- Push process using dilutions and development times with variable temperatures
- Image archivability for at least 80 years
- Easily mixed liquid concentrate
- Cs6 "Creative Slide" 3-Bath Kits also available
Mixing Stock Solution
- Place 16oz (470ml) of water into a clean glass or plastic pitcher.
- Use a clean plastic stir stick or the TCS-1000 to circulate the liquid.
- While circulating, add the contents of this bottle.
- Top off solution with water to make 1000ml. Mix well.
Store mixed solution in a tightly capped, completely filled storage container for 2-6 weeks. Yellows with age and turns amber when perished. Oxygen and contaminants cause developing agents to perish.
Normal Development: 1+1 Dilution ~ 6min @104°f (40°C)
Push +1: Stock Solution ~ 6min or 1+1 Dilution ~ 8min
Push +2: Stock Solution ~ 8min
Maintaining temperature is not essential beyond pouring in the 1st developer. When a temperature control bath is not available, simply preheat the 1st Developer +2ºF warmer, and the other baths will automatically process-to-completion as they cool down. Only the 1st developer is time and temperature critical because it controls contrast and color.
* ”Usable dynamic-range” is the amount of full stops of exposure value that renders acceptable detail and color. “Total dynamic-range” however, is the maximum range containing tonal separation rendering any detail, and is often twice the usable dynamic-range. The usable dynamic-range of conventional slide film is between 6-8 stops (total 14-16 stops). Color negative is between 9-13 stops (total 16-21 stops). Digital sensors are mostly between 7-10 stops (total 12-15 stops).