Adox FX-39 II Film Developer - 100mlModel: 59870
For sharp images with excellent contrast control.
FX-39 is a legend.
For more than 40 years Geoffrey Crawley has readjusted and optimized different developer recipes and created this masterpiece in the heydays of film. FX-39 is based on Willi Beutler’s Neofin Rot formula, but was improved in all parameters. For 10 years ADOX has been improving this formula.
FX-39 is a compensating developer, providing excellent detail rendition, sharpness and resolution. The effective film speed is high. The compensating effect can be well controlled in a very wide range by variations in dilution. The compensating effect can be precisely adjusted to the subject contrast and film type. There remains only one reason for not using FX-39 exclusively and that's for the absolutely finest grain. If you want the finest grain possible then developers like Adox Atomal are the optimal solution. FX-39 harmonizes excellently especially with all low and medium speed films. In the ISO 400/27° class the best results are obtained with Kodak Tri-X, Kodak T-Max 400, Ilford Delta 400 and Fuji Neopan 400. If needed FX-39 can also be used for increasing film speed by 1 stop (push processing).
- High equalizing power
- Low toxicity (no GLS labeling necessary)
- Ease of use (liquid concentrated one shot developer)
- Standard dilution is 1+9 used as a “one shot” developer
- At 1+14 the time should be multiplied by 1.5 and at dilutions of 1+19 develop for twice as long as with the standard dilution
- 500ml developer concentrate
- Possible to trade compensating effect for film speed in a certain range
|Chemical Type||BW Film Developer|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||Adox FX-39 Film Developer|