Nikon SB-5000 AF Speedlight FlashModel: 4815
Item currently in retail store, will ship in 24-48 hours.
The Nikon SB-5000 AF Speedlight is Nikon's flagship hot-shoe flash, designed to empower the most seasoned professionals and passionate enthusiasts. The SB-5000 AF Speedlight takes Nikon's acclaimed Creative Lighting System with Advanced Wireless Lighting to the next level with both traditional optical wireless control and powerful radio control. Place up to six groups of remote flashes out of view, behind obstacles—even in other rooms—up to 98 feet away. Designed for fast shooting at weddings, commercial shoots or on the red carpet, the SB-5000 AF Speedlight also introduces the world's first hot-shoe mount flash cooling system for more than 100 consecutive shots at full output, all in a smaller design with streamlined operation. Whether building a lighting system or integrating with your existing system, the SB-5000 AF Speedlight opens exciting lighting possibilities.
Light without limits - The SB-5000 AF Speedlight introduces a powerful control Advanced Wireless Lighting (AWL) communication to Nikon's innovative Creative Lighting System for exciting lighting possibilities. When used with a compatible Nikon DSLR** with the optional WR-A10 (Wireless Remote Adapter) when attached to D5 and WR-R10 Wireless Remote Controller (transceiver) (requires firmware version 3.0 or later), you can control up to 6 groups (A/B/C/D/E/F) of SB-5000 AF Speedlight behind obstacles, around corners, in bright sunlight—even in different rooms—up to 98 feet away. Of course, the SB-5000 AF Speedlight also integrates seamlessly with Nikon's optical wireless Speedlights and DSLRs.
Nonstop performance - World's first hot-shoe mount flash cooling system for use in studio, weddings, event and action photographers, continuous shooting is the name of the game. The SB-5000 AF Speedlight can handle more than 100 consecutive firings at full output without overheating, thanks to an innovative built-in cooling system and a brilliant heat-shedding design. For TTL shooters, this means an improved level of lighting control while capturing decisive moments. Great shots don't wait for a flash to be ready, and neither should you.
Reimagined design - Designed for photographers who rely on portable lighting, the SB-5000 AF Speedlight is smaller and easier to use. It has a smaller footprint and provides streamlined access to frequently used functions such as Flash Mode, Zoom Head Position and Flash Compensation Value. Like a DSLR camera, the SB-5000 AF Speedlight has an “Info” button for quick access to your favorite settings. For more fluid operation when using radio control, you can adjust settings right from a compatible camera's menu.
Maximum compatibility - In addition to the radio control with compatible cameras, you can use the SB-5000 AF Speedlight on-camera as a Master Flash to control other remote Speedlights (up to 3 Groups: A/B/C and 4 channels), or use it off-camera wirelessly as a remote flash controlled by either your camera's built-in flash (compatible cameras), another Speedlight or the SU-800 Wireless Speedlight Commander. You can even mix optical wireless control (Groups A/B/C) with radio control (Groups D/E/F). For studio photographers, the SB-5000 AF Speedlight is equipped with Unified Flash Control and can be controlled from a personal computer using the optional Camera Control Pro 2 (Version 2.23 or later) software.
- Radio control Advanced Wireless Lighting that does not require line-of-sight to work
- Flash cooling system provides more than 100 consecutive shots at full output
- Streamlined access to your frequently used functions such as Flash Mode, Zoom Head Position and Flash Compensation Value
- Fully compatible with all current optical control Speedlights
- Commander Function: Yes
- Remote Function: Yes
- Transmission Mode: Radio control and optical communication
- Transmission Range: Radio control approx. 98 ft. (30m), optical communication - line of sight
- Guide Number: 34.5 m/113 ft. (at 35 mm) 55 m/180 ft. (at 200 mm) (FX format, standard illumination pattern) (at ISO 100)
- Electronic Construction: Automatic Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor (IGBT) and series circuitry
- Flash Exposure Control: i-TTL Balanced Fill-Flash with CLS compatible cameras
- Lens Coverage: 24 to 200mm lens, 14mm with wide panel (in FX format)
- Illumination pattern: The light distribution angle is automatically adjusted to the camera's image area in both FX and DX formats, Standard, Even, Center-weighted.
- Other Available Functions: Test Firing, Monitor Pre-flashes, AF-assist illumination for multi-point AF, Modeling illuminator
- Bounce Function (Tilt): Flash head tilts down to -7° or up to 90° with click-stops at -7°, 0°, 45°, 60°, 75°, 90°
- Bounce Function (Rotate): Flash head rotates horizontally 180° to the left and right with click-stops at 0°, 30°, 60°, 75°, 90°, 120°, 150°, 180°
- Minimum Recycling Time: 1.8 sec. (approx.) with Ni-MH (2600 mAh) batteries
- 2.6 sec. (approx.) with AA-size Alkaline (1.5V) batteries
- Flash Duration: 1/980 sec. at M 1/1 (full) output
- 1/1,110 sec. at M 1/2 output
- 1/2,580 sec. at M 1/4 output
- 1/5,160 sec. at M 1/8 output
- 1/8,890 sec. at M 1/16 output
- 1/13,470 sec. at M 1/32 output
- 1/18,820 sec. at M 1/64 output
- 1/24,250 sec. at M 1/128 output
- 1/30,820 sec.at M 1/256 output
- Required Power Source: Four (4) 1.5 V alkaline AA-size batteries
- Optional Power Supply: SK-6A Power Bracket Unit, SD-9 High-Performance Battery Pack
- This flash is not compatible with the SK-6, only the SK-6A
- Flash-ready Indicator: Rear and Front lights blink: Insufficient light for correct exposure (in i-TTL, Auto Aperture flash, Non-TTL Auto flash, or Distance-priority manual flash operations).
- Rear lights up and Front blinks: recycled and ready to fire.
- Ready Light: Front & Back
- Flash Compensation: –3.0 EV to +3.0 EV in increments of 1/3 steps in i-TTL auto flash, Auto Aperture flash, Non-TTL auto flash and Distance-priority manual flash modes
- Custom Setting: AF-Assist Illumination
- Minimum Number of Flashes / Recycling Time: 150/2.6-30 sec. (1.5V AA Alkaline-manganese)
- 190/1.8-30 sec or more (1.2V AA rechargeable Ni-MH batteries)
- Wireless Flash Modes: Master & Remote
- Wireless Groups: Radio controlled: Master + 6 groups
- Optically controlled: Master + 3 groups
- Other Functions Improved Thermal Cut-out
- Dimensions: 2.88 in. x 5.4 in. x 4.07 in. (73 x 137 x 103.5 mm) (Approx.)
- Weight (Approx. without batteries): 14.9 oz. (420 g)
What's in the Box?
- SB-5000 AF Speedlight
- AS-22 Speedlight Stand
- SW-15H Nikon Diffusion Dome
- SZ-4FL Fluorescent Filter
- SS-5000 Soft Case
- Accessory Pouch
- SZ-4TN Incandescent Filter
- User’s Manual