LAB-BOX is a multi-format tank that allows film development, from start to end, in full daylight, bypassing the need to load the rolls in a darkroom or changing bag. Thanks to the two interchangeable modules and custom-designed adjustable reels, the tank can be used for both 135 and 120 film.
The ARS-IMAGO LAB-BOX 2 Module Kit (Orange) is the complete setup required for LAB-BOX processing of 35mm and 120 size film. It includes the basic lid, tank, knob, the 135 module, the 35mm reel, the 120 module, and the 120 reel. If 120 processing is not needed, the basic LAB-BOX is offered with just the 135 module (#192897). ARS-IMAGO also offers an optional hand crank (#192902) for ease of use during continuous agitation development. To process 35mm, the film leader must be outside the film cartridge; ARS-IMAGO offers their Film Leader Retriever (#192140) to pull them out.
- Universal and Modular: with one tank it is possible to develop both 135 and 120 ﬁlm rolls, simply by switching the module.
- Compact and Portable: its compact size allows for easy carrying, in a bag or backpack.
- Quick and Easy: ﬁlm rolls can be loaded and developed in daylight, through an intuitive and simple process.
- Versatile and Professional: it is perfectly suitable for beginners, but will also meet the needs of more experienced photographers, offering the possibility to experiment with different developing processes. Room temperature processing (as for most B&W developers) is ideal, but the LAB-BOX can be weighted and partially submerged in a water bath for higher temperature processes (for Color films).
- The 135 Module has a film slot where the 35mm cartridge is positioned and blocked. The film is then clipped and the lid is closed in order to rotate the outer knob and load the ﬁlm onto the reel. Once fully loaded, an internal blade cuts the ﬁlm, separating it from the cartridge. A turn of the knob puts the last bit of film on the reel and it is ready for processing.
- The 120 Module is equipped with two compartments: the roll is positioned in the top one and the ﬁlm will be automatically loaded in the bottom one. Once the lid is closed, pulling out the black backing paper, through the slot on the back, automatically loads the ﬁlm in the second, lightproof compartment. After switching the lower compartment to safe mode, the lid can be opened in order to remove the paper or any residue. Then, clip the ﬁlm, close the lid, flip the lightproof compartment switch to open, and rotate the outer knob to continue loading the film onto the reel. Please note: PET base films (Arista/Foma/Rollei, etc.) may have difficulty loading in the 120 module. PET films can be manually loaded into the light tight compartment inside a dark bag, however.
- Basic Lid
- 135 Module
- 35mm Reel
- 120 Module
- 120 Reel
- Multiformat Film Guide
- Dimension: 182 x 124 x 98 mm
- Weight: 700g
- Material: ABS, Stainless steel
- Tank capacity: 270 – 500 ml