Arches traditional printmaking papers have been the world standard for centuries. One of the exciting features of the Arches papers is that when you use them, you are using papers that have been used by famous artists for over 400 years, including Van Gogh, Chagall and Picasso. Cylinder mould-made, acid free and buffered, these exceptionally beautiful papers can be used for drawing, printmaking, multimedia techniques and alternative processes.
Arches 88 is a heavyweight, 140 lb., 100% cotton fiber highly absorbent waterleaf paper. With a very smooth surface, it is the ideal medium for screen-printing, letterpress, blind embossing, gold tooling and, if slightly moistened, for intaglio. It is perfect for DASS Art Pigment Transfers.
*DASS Art Premium Transfer Film, Dual Film and Arista-II Ultra Clear 5-mil Transparency Film are recommended for the Purell DASS ART Digital Pigment Transfers. We suggest using a luster type photo paper profile so that Photo Black Ink is used. The Arches 88 paper MUST be well soaked with Purell on both sides in order for the transfer to be successful.
- Composition: 100% cotton – Made on a cylinder mould
- Grammage: 300 gsm
- Texture: satin grain, very smooth
- Colour: white
- Edges: 11x15 sheets may have a watermark or limited number of deckle edges.
- Watermark: “Arches® 88 France ∞”
- Format: sheet
- Conservation: with alkaline reserve, acid-free, no optical brightening agents (permanent in accordance with ISO 9706)
- Uses: screen-printing, letterpress, blind embossing, gold tooling, pigment transfers
Arches uncoated papers are sized on both sides. The sides will have a slightly different texture from each other, but both sides are suitable for painting/printing.
|Paper Base Tone
||300gsm and up