For stunning flash photography even in complex lighting environments, Canon's Speedlite 430EX III-RT offers a fantastic combination of advanced features and simple operation.
Compact in size, yet powerful in range, the Speedlite 430EX III-RT not only provides a portable light source, it has easy to manage features that can enhance contrast, color temperature, brightness and focus of light for more natural-looking photography. Whether bouncing the light source off a wall or ceiling, using its integrated Catchlight panel to brighten up a subject's face, or using its bounce adapter to soften the intensity of the flash beam, the Speedlite 430EX III-RT is impressively versatile. With convenient custom and personal functions, speedy recycle times and advanced wireless photography options, the Speedlite 430EX III-RT can be an indispensable accessory for photographers ready to take their flash photography to the next level.
The Canon Speedlite 430EX II features a powerful flash (guide number of 141 ft./43m at ISO 100) with a fast recycling time in a compact, durable body. A one-touch quick-lock mechanism makes it easy to attach or detach the 430EX II from the camera and a metal foot has been added for strength and durability. Flash controls can now be set through the camera's LCD screen on compatible EOS Digital SLR cameras. The Speedlite 430EX II is also quieter, recycle time is 20% faster (as compared to the 430EX) and since it is compatible with Canon's wireless E-TTL, it can be used as an affordable "slave unit".
- Superior build quality, including a metal foot for added strength
- Approx. 20% faster recycling time, compared to previous 430EX
- One-touch, quick-lock mechanism for easy attaching/detaching flash from camera
- Full flash control possible on camera menu, with compatible EOS Digital SLR cameras
- Virtually silent flash recycle
- The flash head can be moved up from 0 - 90° (5 settings), left from 0 - 180° (7 settings) and right from 0 - 90° (4 settings)
- Zoom flash head covers range of 24-105mm; maximum guide number 141 ft./43m at ISO 100
- Compatible Cameras: Type-A EOS cameras (E-TTL II/E-TTL autoflash)
- Guide Number: Supports a shooting angle of view with a lens focal length of 24-105mm. The maximum Guide No. is approximately 141.1 ft./43m at ISO 100 and 105mm flash coverage. When the extendable wide panel is pulled out, the flash coverage is 14mm.
- Number of Flashes: Approx. 180-1200 flashes (with size-AA/LR6 alkaline batteries)
- Recycling Time: Normal flash: Approx. 0.1-3.5 sec. Quick flash: Approx. 0.1-2.5 sec. With size-AA/LR6 alkaline batteries. Flash-ready state indicated by lights (red for normal flash, green for quick flash)
- Flash Range (Effective flash range with EF 50mm f/1.4 lens at ISO 100)
- Normal Flash: Approx. 2.3-77.4 ft./0.7-23.6m
- Quick Flash (at Guide No. 62.7 ft./19.1m): Approx. 2.3-44.6 ft./0.7-13.6m
- High-speed Sync (at 1/250 sec. shutter speed): Approx. 2.3-42.0 ft./0.7-12.8m
- AF Assist Beam: Emission method switchable in Personal Functions between Intermittent flashes and Infrared AF-assist beam.
- Effective Range (Approx.):
- At Center: 2.3-13.1 ft./0.7-4.0m
- Periphery: 2.3-11.5 ft./0.7-3.5m
- Custom Functions: 10 Functions
- Personal Functions: 8 Functions
- Power Source: Four AA-size/LR6 alkaline or AA/HR6 Ni-MH batteries
- Internal Sound Generator: N/A
- External Power Source: N/A
- Dimensions: Approx. 2.78 x 4.48 x 3.87 in./70.5 x 113.8 x 98.2mm
- Weight: Approx. 10.41 oz. / 295g